Learning Tool | EdPuzzle
What is EdPuzzle?
EdPuzzle is an interactive video platform. Instructors can upload and edit videos to encourage active viewing, deliver formative assessments, and monitor learning.
Why do I use EdPuzzle to facilitate digital learning?
Watch (via EdPuzzle platform below👇🏾) to learn 6 reasons why EdPuzzle can empower you to deliver effective digital instruction.
EdPuzzle enables learning experiences that are
- Video-based: Learners engage with dynamic, information-rich content.
- Self-paced: Learners can play, pause, and rewatch as needed.
- Measurable: Instructors can review learners’ responses to questions and assess progress toward learning goals.
- Interactive: Instructors can annotate, narrate, and embed questions throughout the video.
- Easy to create: Instructors can use existing videos or record and upload a custom video.
- Accessible: Learners can interact with video using a url or QR code or via a Learning Management System (LMS) or website.
Learning Example | Use Interactive Video to Deliver Effective Digital Instruction
Video is a popular instructional resource for digital learning. It is an engaging medium to learn about a variety of topics. An instructor can
- show and tell about any subject or strategy
- share one video with many learners
- support learning to happen anytime, anywhere.
Learning from video is cognitively demanding and requires a great deal of information processing. Learners
- must process what they are seeing and hearing simultaneously
- need support with retention and sensemaking of video content.
How do we empower learners to make sense of the dynamic, information-rich content in videos?
Watch (via EdPuzzle platform below👇🏾) to learn four simple tips for using interactive video.
- Preview: Use questions, advance organizers or “look fors” to prompt learners to pay attention to key information while viewing the video.
- Focus: Trim or crop video to ensure that learners only view key information.
- Chunk: Pause video or create clips to provide learners time to process key information in the video.
- Check: Strategically ask questions to check for understanding of the key information in the video.
How can an interactive video platform like EdPuzzle empower learning?
Interactive video is an instructional strategy that can transform students from passive viewers to active learners. Interactive video platforms like EdPuzzle offer instructors the editing tools to preview, focus, chunk, and check. In addition, these tools provide a delivery system for students to successfully learn from video anytime, anywhere.
Register for a 30-minute Empower Session by LoravoreⓇ Learning. Empower yourself and your team to deliver effective digital instruction.
LoravoreⓇ Learning Community for Committed, Curious, and Connected Educators
Educators are still supporting learning during a global pandemic. Thank you for your perseverance and resilience during these challenging times. When life gives you challenges, build community!
Welcome to our LoravoreⓇ Learning Community!
Please introduce yourself in our padlet below for the chance to win a FREE virtual LoravoreⓇ Learning Session.
- Click the Add Button [+] to post your introductory video. Type your full name in the “Title” section. Click the Options Button [···] to add your video via Film.
Please feel free to use another note format (e.g., audio, image, drawing, etc) to introduce yourself.
Thank you for participating in our LoravoreⓇ Learning Community!
Teachers & Instructional Leaders
Schedule Your Professional Learning Today!
Empower yourself and your team to deliver effective digital instruction.
Additional LoravoreⓇ Learning Resources
- LoravoreⓇ Learning | The Sequel: Facilitating Equitable and Collaborative Learning with Digital Whiteboards
- LoravoreⓇ Learning | Facilitate Equitable and Collaborative Learning with Digital Whiteboards
- Dr. Erika Tate engages educators across the globe during ASCD Webinar!
- LoravoreⓇ Learning | Build an Equitable Assessment Practice with Video-Based Academic Discussion
- We’re celebrating World Read Aloud Day!
- LoravoreⓇ Learning | Build an Equitable Assessment Practice with Padlet