How do we use digital whiteboards to empower effective digital instruction?
We designed this LoravoreⓇ Learning Resource to explore how digital whiteboards can support educators to facilitate equitable, collaborative learning with their learners.
If collaborative learning is your “jam”, watch our videos, featuring Google Jamboard, as we upgrade a common collaborative learning activity and empower you to deliver effective digital instruction.
Scroll down or click on each thumbnail for an “upgraded” digital learning experience!
Introduction: Equitable, Collaborative Learning & Digital Whiteboards
How can digital whiteboards facilitate equitable and collaborative learning?
- Collaborative learning offers students the opportunity to share and discuss ideas with each other and contribute those ideas to a collective body of knowledge.
- Digital whiteboards can facilitate collaborative learning activities by creating a digital space that makes students’ ideas visible to you and each other.
Explore a Common Collaborative Learning Activity: “The Group Brainstorm”
What is an example of equitable, collaborative learning facilitated with a digital whiteboard?
- “The Group Brainstorm” invites all learners to share individual ideas with each other.
- It can limit the diversity and quality of ideas as well as the levels of student thinking.
Upgrade Equitable, Collaborative Learning with “The Class Curation”
How can students benefit from a more equitable and collaborative learning experience?
- “The Class Curation” yields a class set of diverse, high-quality ideas that can serve as a useful reference or resource for future learning.
- It provides students with opportunities to discuss, compare, and prioritize their knowledge contributions.
Closing Notes for Facilitating Equitable, Collaborative Learning with Digital Whiteboards
What can I do to facilitate equitable, collaborative learning with digital whiteboards?
Teachers & Instructional Leaders
Schedule Your Professional Learning Today!
Empower yourself and your team to deliver effective digital instruction.
Interact with More LoravoreⓇ Learning Resources
- LoravoreⓇ Learning | The Sequel: Facilitating Equitable and Collaborative Learning with Digital Whiteboards
- LoravoreⓇ Learning | Facilitate Equitable and Collaborative Learning with Digital Whiteboards
- Dr. Erika Tate engages educators across the globe during ASCD Webinar!
- LoravoreⓇ Learning | Build an Equitable Assessment Practice with Video-Based Academic Discussion
- We’re celebrating World Read Aloud Day!
- LoravoreⓇ Learning | Build an Equitable Assessment Practice with Padlet
- LoravoreⓇ Learning | Power Up Interactive Video with Formative Assessment
- LoravoreⓇ Learning | Empowering Learning with Interactive Video