We join millions around the world to celebrate World Read Aloud Day! Reading aloud is a powerful way to spark the imaginations of learners and foster a love of reading. No matter what age, reading aloud can fun, fantastical, and the forever gift of lifelong learning!
Read along with Dr. Erika D. Tate!
Press play and read along as Dr. Tate shares one of her favorite stories with you: Ada Twist Scientist by Andrea Beaty. Her virtual read aloud is powered by Epic, a digital reading library for kids to read at school and home. Enjoy!
Empower Your Learner with Questions
Reading opens up new worlds for readers. It sparks curiosity and creates opportunities for wonder!
Wonder leads to questions. Questions lead to discovery. Empower your learner with questions while. you read, play, and create with your child.
- Model what it sounds like to ask questions. Inquire about specific people, objects, or events.
- Invite them to wonder and ask questions. Specify a topic or experience to focus their questions.
- Guide them as they ask questions. Use question frames and thinking routines.
Digital Learning Tool
Early Reading Program
Give the child in your life a free book once a month from birth to 5 years old. Email Tameka Tribble of Parent University for more information.
Ada Twist, Scientist Learning Materials
Family Science Learning Tools
[*] Quote: Learning in Places Collaborative. (2020). Framework: Wonderings, “Should We”, and Investigation Questions in Field-Based Science. Bothell, Seattle, WA & Evanston, IL: Learning in Places.
Additional LoravoreⓇ Learning Resources
- LoravoreⓇ Learning | The Sequel: Facilitating Equitable and Collaborative Learning with Digital Whiteboards
- LoravoreⓇ Learning | Facilitate Equitable and Collaborative Learning with Digital Whiteboards
- Dr. Erika Tate engages educators across the globe during ASCD Webinar!
- LoravoreⓇ Learning | Build an Equitable Assessment Practice with Video-Based Academic Discussion
- We’re celebrating World Read Aloud Day!
- LoravoreⓇ Learning | Build an Equitable Assessment Practice with Padlet
Teachers & Instructional Leaders
Schedule Your Professional Learning Today!
Empower yourself and your team to deliver effective digital instruction.