Learning Tool | PlayPosit
What is PlayPosit?
PlayPosit (pronounced Play-Pause-It) is an interactive video platform. Instructors create “bulbs” that include videos, images, questions, and other interactions to increase engagement and learning among students.
Why do I use PlayPosit to facilitate digital learning?
Watch (via the PlayPosit platform👇🏾 below) to learn about three (3) power features that can empower you to deliver effective digital instruction.
These power features enhance digital learning experiences:
- Multiple question formats: Select from a variety of question formats: multiple choice, free response, fill-in-the-blank, check all that apply, poll, and discussion. Give students options for how to best represent their thinking.
- Conditional interactions: Based on students’ responses to your questions, “jump” them to different video segments. Differentiate and personalize your students’ learning experiences.
- Learning analytics: View students’ learning behaviors (e.g., which video segments they viewed and for how long) and performance (e.g., responses and scores for your questions). Inform your instructional decisions and adjustments.
Learning Strategy | 4 Essentials for Using Formative Assessments with Interactive Video
Power up your instruction. Couple formative assessments with the instructional strategy, interactive video.
Formative Assessments provide a window into student thinking. We ask students questions or to complete tasks. They respond or submit student work. This learning data answer the questions:
- How are students progressing toward the learning objectives?
- How will instruction change based on student learning progress or challenges?
How can you power up your instruction with formative assessments and interactive video?
Watch (via the PlayPosit platform👇🏾 below) to learn four (4) essentials for using formative assessments with interactive video
- Plan assessments for learning: What will students say or do to inform you of their progress toward learning objectives?
- Vary question level and format: Which questions engage students at the appropriate level of thinking? Which formats empower them to best demonstrate their thinking?
- Offer feedback: How do you support your students to learn about their progress toward the learning objectives?
- Adjust instruction: How will you review, revise, or extend your instruction, based on students’ responses?
How can an interactive video platform like PlayPosit empower teachers to deliver effective digital instruction?
Interactive video platforms like PlayPosit enable teachers to gain insight into what students are thinking and doing while engaging with video for learning. Platform features support teachers to embed assessments with varied question formats, offer feedback, and personalize instruction. This increases the opportunity for students to successfully learn anytime, anywhere.
Register for a 30-minute Empower Session by LoravoreⓇ Learning. Empower yourself and your team to deliver effective digital instruction.
LoravoreⓇ Learning Community for Committed, Curious, and Connected Educators
Educators are still supporting learning during a global pandemic. Thank you for your perseverance and resilience during these challenging times. When life gives you challenges, build community!
Welcome to our LoravoreⓇ Learning Community!
Please introduce yourself in our padlet below for the chance to win a FREE virtual LoravoreⓇ Learning Session.
- Click the Add Button [+] to post your introductory video. Type your full name in the “Title” section. Click the Options Button [···] to add your video via Film.
Please feel free to use another note format (e.g., audio, image, drawing, etc) to introduce yourself.
Thank you for participating in our LoravoreⓇ Learning Community!
Teachers & Instructional Leaders
Schedule Your Professional Learning Today!
Empower yourself and your team to deliver effective digital instruction.
Additional LoravoreⓇ Learning Resources
- LoravoreⓇ Learning Playlist | Digital Instruction Redesigns
- Read Dr. Erika D. Tate’s ASCD Article: Advancing Fair and Equitable Digital Assessment
- LoravoreⓇ Learning Playlist | Equitable Assessment Practice
- LoravoreⓇ Learning Playlist | Interactive Video
- LoravoreⓇ Learning | Position Digital Assessments for Equitable Learning
- LoravoreⓇ Learning | The Sequel: Facilitating Equitable and Collaborative Learning with Digital Whiteboards
- LoravoreⓇ Learning | Facilitate Equitable and Collaborative Learning with Digital Whiteboards
- Dr. Erika Tate engages educators across the globe during ASCD Webinar!
- LoravoreⓇ Learning | Build an Equitable Assessment Practice with Video-Based Academic Discussion