How can instructional redesign empower effective digital instruction?
We continue our inquiry into effective digital instruction that promotes equitable, collaborative learning for all students!
We designed this LoravoreⓇ Learning Resource to explore the roles of digital tools and instructional redesign in fostering knowledge building and sharing within a learning community.
Scroll down or click each thumbnail to watch our video series as we elevate a common collaborative learning activity and empower you to deliver effective digital instruction.
Introduction: Annotation – A Building Knowledge Activity
What instructional strategy can support teachers to facilitate equitable and collaborative learning?
- Annotation is an instructional strategy that engages students in the cognitive process of sense making.
- When students successfully make sense of information presented in text, they become well positioned to consider and contribute their knowledge as a resource for further learning.
Explore a Common Annotation Activity: “Indy-Digital Annotation”
How can annotation with digital whiteboards facilitate equitable and collaborative learning?
- “Indy-Digital Annotation” asks individual students to substitute their analog annotation tools (e.g., pens, highlighters) for digital editing tools (e.g., shapes, sticky notes), which makes annotations and revisions easier.
- Yet, when we ask students to engage individually in digital learning spaces, we miss the opportunity to transform their learning experiences.
Elevate Annotation with an Instructional Redesign: “Collab-o-tation”
How can an instructional redesign of annotation lead to more equitable and collaborative learning?
- “Collab-o-tation” provides participation structures and questioning strategies that enable students to build and share knowledge with each other.
- Students produce digital annotations (aka learning artifacts) that are made available as learning resources during instruction.
Closing Notes: Transform Your Learning Community with Effective Digital Instruction
What should I consider when planning effective digital instruction?
Teachers & Instructional Leaders
Schedule Your Professional Learning Today!
Empower yourself and your team to deliver effective digital instruction.
School & District Leaders
Schedule Your Consultation Today!
Learn how LoravoreⓇ Learning can empower your professional learning community to deliver effective digital instruction.
Interact with Additional
LoravoreⓇ Learning Resources
- LoravoreⓇ Learning | The Sequel: Facilitating Equitable and Collaborative Learning with Digital Whiteboards
- LoravoreⓇ Learning | Facilitate Equitable and Collaborative Learning with Digital Whiteboards
- Dr. Erika Tate engages educators across the globe during ASCD Webinar!
- LoravoreⓇ Learning | Build an Equitable Assessment Practice with Video-Based Academic Discussion
- We’re celebrating World Read Aloud Day!
- LoravoreⓇ Learning | Build an Equitable Assessment Practice with Padlet
- LoravoreⓇ Learning | Power Up Interactive Video with Formative Assessment
- LoravoreⓇ Learning | Empowering Learning with Interactive Video