We raise awareness about the need to increase the number of Black teachers in the pursuit of educational equity.
The Center for Black Educator Development reports that 15% US public school students identify as Black; only seven percent of US public school teachers identify as Black. Research supports that Black students with at least one Black teacher are more likely to graduate high school and consider college.
We participate in the #WeNeedBlackTeachers campaign by sharing Dr. Erika D. Tate’s “Why”. Listen. Share. Advocate.
Learn how Bluknowledge advances equity in schools and communities.
Our Perspectives on Equity
- Consider Equity when Evaluating Evidence-Based Education Interventions for your Learning Community
- We Discuss Childcare!
- We Discuss Racial Equity!
- We Celebrate Black Herstory!
- We Discuss Early STEM Learning!
- Read Dr. Erika D. Tate’s ASCD Article: Advancing Fair and Equitable Digital Assessment
- We Discuss Black Teachers!
- We Discuss Black Mental Health!
- We Discuss Advancing Equity!