Read along with Dr. Erika D. Tate!
We join millions around the world to celebrate World Read Aloud Day! Reading aloud is a powerful way to spark the imaginations of learners and foster a love of reading. No matter what age, reading aloud can be fun, fantastical, and the gift of lifelong learning!
Press play and read along as Dr. Tate shares her favorite stories with you. Enjoy!
3 Criteria for Choosing STEM-Inspiring Children’s Books
- Center on characters or people and communities with diverse histories, language, and experiences.
- Showcase the dynamic practices of science.
- Celebrate unique characteristics, perspectives, and pursuits of children.
Empower Your Learner with Questions
Reading opens up new worlds for readers. It sparks curiosity and creates opportunities for wonder!
Wonder leads to questions. Questions lead to discovery. Empower your learner with questions while. you read, play, and create with your child.
- Model what it sounds like to ask questions. Inquire about specific people, objects, or events.
- Invite them to wonder and ask questions. Specify a topic or experience to focus their questions.
- Guide them as they ask questions. Use question frames and thinking routines.
Digital Learning Tool
Early Reading Program
Give the child in your life a free book once a month from birth to 5 years old. Email Tameka Tribble of Parent University for more information.
Ada Twist, Scientist Learning Materials
Family Science Learning Tools
[*] Quote: Learning in Places Collaborative. (2020). Framework: Wonderings, “Should We”, and Investigation Questions in Field-Based Science. Bothell, Seattle, WA & Evanston, IL: Learning in Places.
Additional LoravoreⓇ Learning Resources
- LoravoreⓇ Learning Playlist | Digital Instruction Redesigns
- Read Dr. Erika D. Tate’s ASCD Article: Advancing Fair and Equitable Digital Assessment
- LoravoreⓇ Learning Playlist | Equitable Assessment Practice
- LoravoreⓇ Learning Playlist | Interactive Video
- LoravoreⓇ Learning | Position Digital Assessments for Equitable Learning
- LoravoreⓇ Learning | The Sequel: Facilitating Equitable and Collaborative Learning with Digital Whiteboards
- LoravoreⓇ Learning | Facilitate Equitable and Collaborative Learning with Digital Whiteboards
- Dr. Erika Tate engages educators across the globe during ASCD Webinar!
- LoravoreⓇ Learning | Build an Equitable Assessment Practice with Video-Based Academic Discussion
- Loravore® Learning | We Celebrate Reading!
- LoravoreⓇ Learning | Build an Equitable Assessment Practice with Padlet
- LoravoreⓇ Learning | Power Up Interactive Video with Formative Assessment
- LoravoreⓇ Learning | Empowering Learning with Interactive Video
- LoravoreⓇ Learning | Building a Learning Community with Padlet
- Loravore® Learning | Articulating the “T” in STEAM to Engage Learners as STEAM Professionals
- Loravore® Learning | “Flipped” Peer Presentations