Position: Summer Program Assistant for Loravore® STEM (Part-time, Contracted)
Stars School Initiatives has partnered with us to provide African American boys with a rich summer learning experience filled with culturally-relevant literacy and STEM activities.
This summer, we’re seeking an assistant to support program coordination and facilitation. The program dates are June 6 – July 21. Expect to add at least a week at start and end of program for preparation and closing activities.
- Work closely with the Loravore® STEM program coordinator to organize learning materials (e.g., supplies, take-home kits) for each session.
- Work closely with the Loravore® STEM facilitator to
- set up/break down 8 literacy and 8 STEM sessions
- support learners’ participation in STEM and literacy activities (e.g., discuss text, build prototypes, connect learning to their lived experiences)
- document and share learning experiences (photos, videos, student work)
- Opportunities for co-planning and facilitation based on interest and experience
- Punctual & reliable
- Effective organization & communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions, learn quickly, & pay attention to detail
- Experience working with others & comfort using technology in professional settings (e.g., Google docs, sheets, & slides; Zoom)
- Reliable technology (computer, internet) and transportation
- Teaching or facilitation experience in STEM, literacy, or digital learning
- Positive experiences working with African American youth, boys in particular
- Strong desire for achieving social justice and building community
Type of Work
- This is a part-time, temporary, contract position for June and July 2022.
- Must be in-person for program sessions (twice a week) and to organize learning materials.
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Compensation: $15/hour (~8-10 hours/week)
Application Details: If interested, send a cover letter and resume to Erika D. Tate, PhD (email@example.com) by Friday, June 3, 2022 at 3 pm. Please use the subject line: Application for Loravore® STEM Program.