LoravoreⓇ Learning Playlist: Equitable Assessment Practice
This professional learning playlist from LoravoreⓇ Learning focuses on building an equitable assessment practice to ensure that every learner has the opportunity to demonstrate what they know and can do. Digital learning tools like Padlet and Flipgrid offer learners varied options and formats to best represent their thinking.
Scroll down or click the thumbnails to interact with our curated “learning tracks”.
LoravoreⓇ Learning Resource
3 Steps to Building a More Equitable Assessment Practice
Take these 3 steps to build a more equitable assessment practice.
Engage with our “demo” to add strategies and tools to your instructional toolkit.
Reflect: What are the different needs of your students? What strategies or tools do you use to meet the needs of every student?
Act: Use a digital learning tool like Padlet to provide your students with different response options (e.g., audio, video, drawing) to demonstrate their understanding.
Reflect Again: Did every student demonstrate their understanding? Given the diverse needs of your students, did every student best represent their thinking?
Need support designing effective digital instruction that meets the needs of every learner?
LoravoreⓇ Learning Resource
Build an Equitable Assessment Practice with Video-based Academic Discussion
Reflect: How do you usually support student participation in academic discussions? How do you ensure that every student adds their voice to the discussion?
Act: Use a video-based discussion tool like Flipgrid to structure academic discussions for learning. Leverage digital features to facilitate more inclusive discussions and gain insights into the learning progress of every student.
Reflect Again: Did every student add their voice to the discussion? How can you adjust your instruction to ensure their ideas are thoughtfully considered by you and their peers?
Advancing Fair and Equitable Digital Assessment
Read and reflect with this ASCD professional learning resource.
Reflect: How do you and your colleagues interrogate your practice to ensure your digital instruction meets the needs of every student. What collaborative professional learning do you need to advance fair and equitable digital assessment?
Teachers, learn alongside committed colleagues!
Principals, prioritize professional learning!
*Bonus Track* ASCDⓇ Webinars
Empowering Teachers to Build an Equitable Assessment Practice
Be empowered to build an equitable assessment practice with this ASCD professional learning experience.
Reflect: How do you and your colleagues ensure that every student has the opportunity to demonstrate what they know and can do? What professional learning do you need to build an equitable assessment practice?
Up Next: LoravoreⓇ Learning Playlist: Interactive Video
Interact with Additional
LoravoreⓇ Learning Resources
- Read Dr. Erika D. Tate’s ASCD Article: Advancing Fair and Equitable Digital Assessment
- LoravoreⓇ Learning Playlist | Equitable Assessment Practice
- LoravoreⓇ Learning Playlist | Interactive Video
- LoravoreⓇ Learning | Position Digital Assessments for Equitable Learning
- LoravoreⓇ Learning | The Sequel: Facilitating Equitable and Collaborative Learning with Digital Whiteboards
- LoravoreⓇ Learning | Facilitate Equitable and Collaborative Learning with Digital Whiteboards
- Dr. Erika Tate engages educators across the globe during ASCD Webinar!
- LoravoreⓇ Learning | Build an Equitable Assessment Practice with Video-Based Academic Discussion
- We’re celebrating World Read Aloud Day!
- LoravoreⓇ Learning | Build an Equitable Assessment Practice with Padlet
- LoravoreⓇ Learning | Power Up Interactive Video with Formative Assessment
- LoravoreⓇ Learning | Empowering Learning with Interactive Video